Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Hope & Family

“Hope holds a breaking heart together.” –Ann Voskamp. 

These words are truth. And I think I would add “family” as well. Hope and family hold a breaking heart together.

I keep thinking of my time at home in Pennsylvania. I flew out last week unexpectedly, because my Grandma passed away. It was a huge shock – I’m still shocked – but I hurried home and was able to be there for the services and be with my family during this difficult time. I will forever be grateful that I was able to be there. I keep thinking of how my family pulled together. My immediate family, my might-as-well-be immediate family, my tons of cousins, my married-into family, my true blue friends from near & not so near… Now that I’ve had some time to reflect on it, I want to try to put into words how grateful I am for that.

I think Grandma would be proud of you all. The way you all gathered around to support, hug, and love us. I’ve never felt so close to all of you and I think that shows how God has a way of bringing people together when they need it the most. It is an indescribable blessing to know that I’m not alone in my grief – I know you’re all grieving too, and it’s not that it makes it happy, but it makes me feel less alone. And then I think of how many of you expressed love to me, even offering me a huge bodily organ that I’m in need of. LOL What a crazy sentence that is. The burden last week was so great, it’s still so great, but you all helped in carrying it. Thank you, so much.


And Grandma, I know it all would have made you smile. I love your smile and your laugh, your entire sense of humor. You had a heart of gold and I know you’ll live on in each of us, even those who don’t directly share your genes. You’ll be in all of our hearts. And I know you’re in Paradise. Blessed assurance is blessed indeed. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment